✔ Safestyle has a strong reputation for customer satisfaction
✔ The company makes 6,000 frames and 15,000 double glazing units per week
✔ Fill in the form above to receive free window quotes from trusted experts
What’s on this page?
Head straight to a specific section by clicking the links below.
Who Are Safestyle Windows?
Safestyle is a great example of British entrepreneurial success. Founded as a family firm in 1992 with just £2,000, the company has grown to become one of the UK’s largest double-glazing installers, taking its millionth order in 2014.
The company makes all its own windows, doors and conservatories to order in its Yorkshire factory, so anything you buy from them will have been designed specifically for you and made to fit your home. The factory makes more than 6,000 frames and 15,000 double glazing units every week.
Safestyle covers England and Wales and works with self-employed fitters, engineers, surveyors and groundworkers across both countries – which is a plus point if you’re someone who likes to support local traders and your local economy.
Safestyle mainly fits uPVC windows and doors, though it also makes some composite doors made partly of hardwood. It doesn’t offer timber or aluminium products.
If you’d like to compare prices from companies including Safestyle, complete this form for bespoke quotes.
Safestyle UK Prices
It’s not possible to provide Safestyle windows prices because it doesn’t publish them – the company makes all its products to order, so every price will be individual. It’s free to get a quote, so you can ask an installer to visit your home and give you bespoke Safestyle double glazing prices. We can put you in touch and all you need to do is complete the form at the top of this page.
Safestyle offer a price promise – they say that if you find the same product elsewhere for a lower price, they will beat that price, as long as it really is a like for like comparison.
The company will remove your old windows and doors for you, and it recycles 95% of its waste.
- Windows: Safestyle manufactures casement windows, sash windows, tilt and turn windows and bay windows.
- Doors: As well as ordinary front and back doors, Safestyle makes stable doors (where the top half opens independently), French doors, patio doors and bifold doors up to 6.17m wide.
- Colour options: Safestyle’s uPVC products come in white, cream, grey, black or oak or rosewood woodgrain finishes. With composite doors there’s a choice of 11 colours.
- Glass options: You can customise your Safestyle windows with glazing bars, leading, coloured glass, bevelled or etched glass and obscure glass. The leading and decoration are done by hand, so you can either go for a standard design or create your own.
How Energy Efficient Are Safestyle Windows and Doors?
Safestyle’s EcoDiamond windows and Legacy sash windows are both A rated for energy efficiency, and endorsed by the government’s Energy Saving Trust as energy efficient products. All windows have an energy efficiency rating from A++ (the highest) to G (the lowest).
The double-glazing panes have argon between them instead of air – argon is a better insulator – and also have a coating which reflects heat back into your room, called a low emissivity coating. The same glass is used in Safestyle glass doors.
Safestyle Accreditations and Guarantees
All Safestyle windows and doors are guaranteed for 10 years, and which can easily be transferred to new owners if you sell your home. Here are the accreditations offered with work completed by Safestyle:
FENSA: Safestyle is registered with FENSA, the government’s biggest competent person scheme for window and door installations. This means its installers are properly qualified and regularly assessed to ensure they do good quality work and provide good customer service. Using a FENSA-registered installer ensures that the work they do on your home complies with building regulations.
Your deposit and guarantee are also protected, so if Safestyle were to cease trading before you had the work done, you would get your deposit back, and if they went out of business after finishing the work, FENSA would still honour your guarantee.
Glass and Glazing Federation: Safestyle is also a member of the industry body for UK glazing companies, the Glass and Glazing Federation (which owns FENSA). As well as being regularly vetted to ensure the quality of their work, GGF members also have to sign up to a consumer code and show they are financially stable. Plus there’s a free reconciliation service if you have a dispute.
TrustMark: this is a government scheme for building companies as a whole, not just glaziers. TrustMark companies are regularly inspected to ensure they provide high standards of workmanship and consumer care and do business in a reputable manner.
British Safety Council: Safestyle received an International Safety Award from the British Safety Council in 2017 and 2018 for its commitment to the health and safety of its workers.
Do Safestyle Offer Finance?
Safestyle offers a number of finance options, with some offering a decent level of flexibility – though this will depend on your financial situation.
- Interest-free credit: you put down a deposit, then pay the rest of the cost through monthly repayments for either 2 or 3 years. Overall you will pay the same amount as you would have if you paid upfront.
- Monthly repayments with interest: you pay for your windows over 5 or 10 years. You will pay more for your windows than if you had bought them upfront.
- Deferred payment: there are no monthly repayments during the first 12 months, and you can choose to pay for your windows in full during this period without incurring any interest (though you will have to pay a £70 release fee). After that, though, you will start making monthly repayments with interest, so again your windows will cost more than if you had bought them upfront. The repayments last for 11 years.
Safestyle Windows Reviews
Safestyle generally receive very good reviews and has high scores on two of the UK’s main customer review websites.
At the time of writing (July 2018), Safestyle has a 4-star rating on the Trustpilot reviews website and a TrustScore of 8.1 out of 10, based on reviews from 11,192 customers:
Number of Stars
Number of Reviews
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★
On Review Centre, Safestyle has a score of 4.5 out of 5 from 8,340 reviews, and is recommended by 89% of customers:
Number of Stars
Number of Reviews
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★
Its overall score and its score for the last 12 months are roughly the same, which suggests that the company provides consistent service.
To receive a free quote for professional window installation near you, fill in this form, and our suppliers will get back to you.