Top 10 Solar Panels on the Market
There are many suppliers and fitters of solar panels in the market. Choosing the right one can be very daunting as the information provided is very technical and complicated. There are websites with comparison tools that can be used to assist to help compare prices/choices/manufacturers and help individuals choose the right system.
There are currently three main types of solar panel on the market. All panels are based on silicon semi conductors and each has its advantages and disadvantages:
1. Monocrystalling Solar Cells - good to use if you have a limited area, most expensive but most efficient
2. Polycrystalline Solar Cells - Cheaper but less efficient
3. Amorphous Solar Cells - The newest type, these are very flexible but not as efficient.
Depending on what an individual's requirements are totally depends what is most suitable for them.
You can rent a system, build one yourself or buy one outright from a supplier. There are also government incentives offering up to 75% off the purchase price of solar panels.
The differentials Include:
- What power rating is required (watts) and power tolerance
- How much space is available
- Solar Thermal (hot water), Solar (Electric)
- Position of building (including overhang of trees, angle of roof)
- Need for flexible/semi-flexible/peel and stick panels
- Length of guarantee (preferable 25 years)
Listed below are the top 10 list of suppliers of Solar Panels, however the top 4 are ranked the most reliable and best choices to go for.
Sharp Solar Panels
- reliable and cost effective, these panels are currently the best selling panel in the UK - comprising 180W, 185W and 235W series, module efficiencies of 13.7%-14.1%, 5 year product warranty and 10 and 25 year performance warranty of outputs of 90% and 80% Sharp Solar Panel Prices
Yingli Solar Panels
- currently part of the Government incentive scheme and one of the world's largest vertically integrated manufacturers, high efficiency, 210K ? 235K outputs, module efficiency of 14.4%, 5 year product warranty and 25 years performance warranty of outputs of 80%.
Kyocera Solar Panels
- one of the world's largest producers of solar energy products and considered to be the most attractive looking panels, 235W, 215W, 210W 205W and 185W, output, model efficiency of over 16%, 10 year independent warranty and 25 year power warranty at outputs of 80%.
B P Solar
- very large global company, 12V, 40W, 50W, 65W, 80W and 125W, 5 year independent warranty, 80% power over 25 years.